Most of us live paycheck to paycheck, which means when the unexpected happens there isn't always cash available to deal with it. If you're anything like us, you have valuable things laying around the house that can help you get out of the jam and NOT get you deeper into debt.
Here are five tips to help you get the best price for your valuables:
- Bring in a quality item. Jewelry and tools sell quickly, whereas common items that are inexpensive to buy, like a toaster or coffee pot don't have as much value.
- Make sure your item is in good working condition. Items that don't work have little value.*
- Clean your item before bringing it to the store. You will get a better price if your item looks as if it's been taken care of. Dust it off, wipe it down and let us know you value it.
- If available, bring in the original box, paperwork or certification for the item. Just having these items can increase the value of your item.
- Have a good story. Let us know that you value the item and intend to pay back the loan.
*Broken items made of gold, silver & platinum are the exception to this rule. These items have value no matter what condition they are in!
If you've never pawned anything before, don't worry! The friendly staff at United Pawn & Jewelry can walk you through the entire process. Stop by our store at 8130 W. Waters Ave., or give us a call at (813) 882-4222.